486 Hope Street, Stamford, CT 06906
General Information (please see also the Real Estate listing from Main Menu).
- Colonial home, built in 1978.
- 7 Large rooms (Formal Living room, formal Dining room, Family Room, large Eat-in Kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath.
- Hardwood floors.
- Central Air.
- Basement and Crawling space for storage.
- Attached Garage, large attached parking/driveway.
- Cedar/redwood siding.
- Chain link fence and Privacy fence.
- Security features
- Sewer Service on-site.
- Public water supply.
- Estimated annualtaxes: $4515.
- Elementary School: STARK.
- Middle School: DOLAN.
- High School: STAMFORD.
Transportation, Parking and Shopping:
- Bus to Downtown Stamford and other areas stops two houses down.
- Walking distance to Glenbrook and Springdale Train Stations.
- The driveway can easily accommodate several cars. However there is all the additional parking needed across the street in the Glenbrook Shopping Center.
- Post Office, School and Banks are less than a quarter mile away.
- In the Glenbrook Shopping Center, you will find Grade A Markets, Liquor Store, Laundromat, Karps Hardware, Gym and Italian Restaurant-Pizza.
- A ferry between Stamford and New York City is planned for 2004, to be followed by a ferry to Long Island.This will make Stamford even more of a commuter's delight.
- On the agenda of the Glenbrook Neighborhood Association is a list of projects for the beautification of Glenbrook. The GNA also hosts Summer Block Parties, Xmas Tree lighting ceremonies, Halloween Fright Night, etc.. Glenbrook is a beautiful and safe place for both adults and kids.
- We bought the house new, and have been the sole occupants since.The property has been well cared for.
- The Driveway is new.
- The garage door opener is only a few months old.
- Groceries can be brought directly into the kitchen from the garage through the inside stairs.
- There is absolutely no water seepage in the basement.
- All the windows in the basement are above ground.
- Finishing the basement would add 405 square feet of living space.
- In addition to the basement, there is a large crawling space for storage on ground level (17’x13’,or 221 square feet).
- Storage is possible in the attic as well.
- Security system (Intruders and Fire) can be controlled from the panel in the basement and remote control upstairs.
- The whole house was repainted outside (last year) and inside (February 2002). All woodwork was re-stained and varnished at that time, all bathrooms were re-grouted and faucets changed.
The kitchen was retiled with Spanish imported tiles, and a Corian countertop added.
- There is a “thermostat controlled” very large exhaust fan built into the roof.Central Air only has to be used on very humid/hot days.
- The house faces East. Because of the large trees surrounding it, it is shaded and cool in Summer, sunny and bright in the other months.
- The Central Air is only 3 years old.
- Oil Heat.
- The furnace is only two years old.
- Floors are hardwood in all the rooms but the kitchen and the hallways.
- The backyard is completely fenced and level. The fence is double: first a link fence, then a palisade fence attached to it for additional privacy. Children and pets are totally secure there.
- There are Telephone Jacks in all the rooms but the dining room and bathrooms.
- In addition, there are 4 connections for Internet Dial up (in the kitchen, main living room, and 2 of the bedrooms).
- There is a double receiver Satellite system with remote connections from Kitchen, Family Room, and the three bedrooms. About 400 hundred channels can be accessed. In addition, there is a remote-controlled rotating antenna on the roof.
- The Kitchen has 15 double cabinets for storage as well as a large Pantry.
- On the Main Floor, there are 3 closets in the hallway.
- Washer/Dryer are on the main floor as well.
- On the Second Floor, there are 2 closets in the hallway.
- There are 6 other closets in the rooms and bathrooms on the Second Floor.